Monday, December 17, 2012

In Memoriam



Sometimes when you know your words are not enough, it's best to look to those that are already there.

In Memoriam of those who left this world too soon on Friday, and for those who seek solace from their loss:
“You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them...In one of the stars I shall be living.  In one of them I shall be laughing.  And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night...You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.  And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me.  You will always be my friend.  You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure...And your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky!  Then you will say to them, 'Yes, the stars always make me laugh!'  And they will think you are crazy.  It will be a very shabby trick that I shall have played on you...It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh...--From Antoine de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince

{Image Credit: Much Loved via Sho & Tell}


No comments:

Post a Comment