Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Isn't It Ironic?



It was Alanis Morissette who first posed the question, "Isn't it ironic, don't you think?"  At the ripe age of nine, I was much too busy trying to figure out what a jagged little pill was to ponder life's other metaphoric mysteries.  Now that I've grown a little and have mastered such logic puzzles as the gas oven, it seems my mind is finally ready to tackle these quests.

So here I am, a twentysomething, and thinking isn't it ironic...

  • That on the Third of December in Chicago, when it's nearing 70-degrees outside, I would be wishing for the brisk temperatures of norm?  It just seems that sudden heat waves don't hold much space in a season where a slew of furnaces have already been ushered in.  My adorable cashmere sweater sure didn't think so.
  • That on this same day I would discover a surprising weight loss and thus consume a lunch complete with a chocolate dessert?  Rather than try to get my belt to that next notch over tomorrow, it seemed most logical to reward the extra pant and sweater space with a brownie.  Okay, fine I asked for chips instead of fruit too.
  • That still later on that day the realization of a cleansed mode called for a glass of wine.  It has been days since I indulged in meals out complete with a glass or two  As a result my mind was clear and my face fresh-the first time in as many Mondays.  I was so proud of myself!  Cheers!
{Image via swissmiss}

No comments:

Post a Comment